Since, we are working from last almost 25 years; therefore we have wide range of network of staff as well as villagers who will help in mobilizing our extension activities in the villages very efficiently. The organization is working with the objective to mobilize the rural youth towards the employment generation through agriculture and related activities in the local areas itself, promotion of value addition through agriculture and horticulture, promotion of small scale industries and ringal related value addition.
Major activities undertaken by us are promotion of ringal, promotion of low cost millets and oilseeds cultivation. Besides, many other socio economic and income generation works are promoted since last 25 years. Till date handled more than 16 projects funded by DST, DBT and other government agencies and a total of more than 40 projects are completed by HOPE.
“ The jwel of India” award won by Mr. Prakash Chandra Joshi in year of 2017”
1. To increase in family income
2. Increased availability of resources (natural and/or physical) and assets
3. To increase the No. of beneficiaries using facilities created under the different Govt/ Non- Govt. projects
4. To increase in livelihood/ employment opportunities
5. Diversification of livelihood activities with description
6. Improved linkages with banking/ financing institutions
7. Improved linkages with Distt. Authorities/State Govt/ PRIs
8. To increases in No. of SHGs/technology user groups/cooperatives and/or enterprises formed
9. To improve linkages with market/ enterprises
10. Improved access to energy sources
11. No. of skilled/non skilled workers trained
12. No. of new technologies/products/processes/ services developed/adapted
13. Adoption of newly developed product indicated by number of adopters
14. To increase in No. of organizations motivated and mobilized for replication of project achievements
After the self-evaluation of the organization observed that implementation of various projects not only improved the capacity of the organization but also put a positive impact at every level of the society. The main objective of the organization is to improve livelihood system of the rural poor community and to provide better option of livelihood. HOPE is mainly involved in the programs related for the upliftment of the rural women.
The organization has created a sustainable model of development in the project villages. Various programs for the income generation are being organized throughout the year. The beneficiaries have increased their income and self-dependency gradually. The rural women groups have shown tremendous enthusiasm towards saving habits and they have also gained knowledge of different social issues. The programmer such as women empowerment, legal awareness, income generation, trainings have also put a positive impact on their life.
The organization is devoted for the overall sustainable development of the rural hill society by using the latest interventions of technologies with different project. HOPE and its team of dedicated workers strongly believe that the organization will never hesitate to offer its best support and cooperation towards the development of this part of Himalaya region.
Firstly, joined the NGO- HESCO (Himalayan Environmental Studies and Conservation Organisation) in 1986 with the purpose to serve for the benefit of rural community. After the experience of 5 years in HESCO, started working in the nearby areas of Ranikhet and establish own NGO with the name HOPE (Himalayan Organization for Protecting Environment) in 1991. Till then our organization is working in hilly area for the benefit of farming/rural community.
We are also running a school “Pandit Govind Ballabh Joshi Junior High School” for Class 1st-8th standard in Pilkholi (Ranikhet) in which apart from teaching, skilled education on improved farming, sanitation, social ethics etc. is also provided. Since we are working in hilly areas of Kumaon region from last over 27 years, therefore, we are well acquainted with the area, expertise of working with hilly area people etc. we have a vast network of man power with the experience of working in rural areas. The staff has also the capacity for conversation in kumaoni language.